After a long day, it can be tempting to order take-out for dinner. Instead of settling, the team at Oxford at Medical Center Apartments in San Antonio, Texas would like to suggest this delicious and nutritious alternative!
Both delicious and nutritious, this Salmon Burger recipe is always a hit in our book. Maybe, you’re burnt out on ground beef, or perhaps, you’re in the mood to switch up your weekly meal planning repertoire. Either way, it never hurts to put a spin on an old favorite with this recipe for Salmon Burgers. Not only are they delicious, but salmon is also rich in antioxidants, protein, vitamins, and minerals. Ready to indulge in this restaurant-worthy meal? Check out the delectable recipe below!
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless salmon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Cut the salmon into large chunks and put about a quarter of it into a food processor, along with the mustard. Turn the machine on, and let it run until the mixture becomes pasty.
- Add the shallots and the remaining salmon and pulse the machine on and off until the fish is chopped and well combined with the puree. No piece should be larger than a 1/4 inch or so; be careful not make the mixture too fine.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl, and by hand, stir in the breadcrumbs, capers and some salt and pepper. Shape into four burgers.
- Place the butter or oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet and turn the heat to medium-high. When the butter foam subsides or the oil is hot, cook the burgers for 2 to 3 minutes a side, turning once.
- Serve on a bed of greens or on buns or by themselves with lemon wedges.