Want to eat a good meal tonight without spending a lot of time or money on it? You have come to the right place. When you’re in need of a dinner that practically cooks itself, turn to this delicious recipe for Slow-Cooker Lasagna. Simply gather a few basic ingredients, including plenty of creamy cheese and ground beef, and you’ll have all you need for a comforting crockpot full of flavorful lasagna. Try it for yourself tonight!
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1 (29 ounces) can tomato sauce
• 1 (6 ounces) can tomato paste
• 1?½ teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 (12 ounces) package lasagna noodles
• 12 ounces cottage cheese
• ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until brown.
2. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, and oregano and stir until well incorporated. Cook until heated through.
3. In a large bowl mix together the cottage cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
4. Spoon a layer of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a double layer of the uncooked lasagna noodles. Break to fit noodles into a slow cooker. Top noodles with a portion of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layering of sauce, noodles, and cheese until all the ingredients are used.
5. Cover, and cook on your crockpot’s low setting for 4 to 6 hours. Turn off when cooked through and enjoy.
After a long day, it can be tempting to order take-out for dinner. Instead of settling, the team at Oxford at Medical Center Apartments in San Antonio, Texas would like to suggest this delicious and nutritious alternative!