In thinking about special recipes, who doesn’t absolutely love breakfast or burgers? If either or both appeal to you, then you’ll fall head over heels for the Breakfast Burger. It calls for easy-to-find ingredients, such as eggs, ground beef, Italian sausage, and shredded cheddar. Better yet, the homemade mustard dressing is concocted with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and horseradish, which brings all of the flavors of the burger together. Hey, you’ve got nothing better planned for breakfast...so, why not try the Breakfast Burger ASAP? Check out the recipe below!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon drained prepared horseradish
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 4 English muffins (or burger buns), split and toasted
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, thickly sliced into 4 pieces
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 4 large eggs
- For the dressing, stir the mayonnaise, mustard, and horseradish together in a small bowl and set aside.
- For the burgers, gently mix together the ground beef, sausage, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Divide the meat into 4 pieces and form each piece into a 4-inch patty.
- Melt the butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the patties. Cook patties until well browned—or about 3 minutes—then flip. Top the patties with cheese and continue to cook until the cheese is melted.
- Spread the toasted muffins, or burger buns, with the mustard dressing, then top with a meat patty and tomato.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet with the sausage drippings and cook to your preference.
- Place an egg on each burger and finish with baby arugula on the English muffin or burger bun.
Oxford at Medical Center Apartments in San Antonio, Texas